FULL DISCOVERY VIETNAM
- Tour Style: History - Culture - Cooking - Riding
- Dist. 9 Km (5.5 miles)
- Start: 8 am - Return: 6 pm (10 hours)
- Level: 1
- Group Size: Min 1 - Max 10 people
Set out on a bicycle and cooking for discovery across rural Vietnam
Heaven and Earth, in collaboration with My Grandma’s Home Cooking, offers you an exceptional day.
MORNING - VISIT THE MARKET AND COOKING COURSE
Your day begins with a visit to the Hoi An market. This is the perfect occasion to discover exotic products, their use in Vietnamese cooking, and their therapeutic virtues.
You will then leave on a 40 minutes boat ride on the Thu Bon river to arrive at a typical small village on the delta where you will begin your cooking class outdoors under the shadow of the coconut trees. You will learn about the traditional technics with traditional tools to prepare the rice after harvest.
You make your own rice paper and 4 traditional Vietnamese dishes;
- Marinated pork skewers
- Xeo Banh
- Papaya salad
- Vietnamese-style fish
(vegetarian menu available on request).
AFTERNOON - RIDING AND DISCOVERING THE COUNTRYSIDE
After enjoying the delicious meal you have prepared, it will be time to set out on a bicycle from island to island to return to Hoi An. Along the way, you will make several stops to discover more about everyday life in the countryside. You will learn, among other things, how rice alcohol is distilled, how the famous basket boats are made and used (you will be able to test one on the river), how the magnificent mats (used for mattresses) are hand-woven, and discover even more.
- The meeting point is at our location at 7:45 am and departure at 8:00 am (see map).
- Return: You will return to our location at around 6:00 pm.
- Easy ride on the small concrete path
- This tour is about 9 km (5.5 miles) with several stops.
- Suntan lotion.
- Hat or cap.
- Rain Coat
- We need a minimum of 2 guests to run this tour. If you are alone, please contact us to join one group.
- Maximum: 10 participants per group (unless otherwise requested).
- A cycling helmet is available upon request.
- Boat transfer on the Thu Bon River
- Welcome Drink
- All of the ingredients to make your dishes
- Cooking Book in English
- Multiple visits and activities
- Bicycle available for this tour: City Bike , Hybrid bike
- A French or English language guide (please indicate your preference when making your reservations)
- Soft and alcoholic drinks.
- Adult: 57 USD
- Child 7-12 years: 40 USD
- Children under 7 years: Free