- Departure: Daily
- Start: 8 am - Return: 6 pm (10 hours)
- Tour Style: Riding - Cultural - Scenery
- Dist. 53 Km ( 37 miles)
- Level: Medium (click for details)
- Group Size: Min 2 - Max 8 people
- Children from 10 years are welcome.
- Lunch at the local family house
- PRIVATE TOUR AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Set out on Bicycle for a day of adventure and discovery across rural Vietnam
Join us for a full day of adventure and discovery across rural Vietnam on bicycle.
This itinerary is our most complete day tour, covering over 50 km small country roads on bicycle through picturesque scenery typical of the region, stopping for several visits along the way.
- Cross Bridges constructed from bamboo and wood
- Visit historical points of interest; forgotten tunnels built by the Vietminh during the war.
- Meet with a family of farmers and visit their traditional home made out of wood.
- Make several ferry crossings on the Thu Bon Rivier
- Enjoy a meal in a small local « restaurant » to sample a specialty made from rice noodles. (vegetarian meals available upon request)
- Learn how the different varieties of rice pancakes are made
- Pass through the ancient village of weavers where you will meet a family who continues using weaving machines dating from colonial times.
- Stop at a small country market. Discover and sample some of the local products.
- Depending on the season and scheduled activities in the countryside during your visit, many other surprises await you during your tour. You might be lucky enough to plant or harvest rice, see peanuts being hot pressed to make peanut oil, or be invited to a ceremony.
- The Vietnamese people living in the countryside are always very hospitable and happy to welcome foreigners.
- Your guide will lead you on quiet little paths, away from traffic. Sometimes you will pedal in the middle of the rice fields, then cross small villages where curious children might call out some happy “hellos”. A few kilometers later, you will follow a river and arrive in the middle of crops of tobacco, peppers, papayas and other fruits and vegetables. You will cross paths under the shade of the forest, and observe buffaloes basking in the mud.
- This tour is truly unique and offers you an exclusive itinerary through the Vietnamese countryside.
- Meeting point at our location at 7:45 am and departure at 8:00 am (see map).
- Return: You will return to our location at around 6:00 pm (5:30 pm in the winter).
- This tour is recommended for people in good physical condition.
- The trip is approximately 53 km (37 miles) and follows a dozen dirt paths. The distance may seem long if you are not a cyclist, but the roads are flat and in good condition. This trip takes approximately 7 hours, so we expect to cover an average of 8 km per hour. The planned stops along the way allow you to rest, take photos and meet the locals.
- This tour is about 53 km (37 miles) with several stops.
- Suntan lotion.
- Your camera (battery full and memory card empty).
- Hat or cap.
- Rain Coat
- We need minimum of 2 guests for run this tour. If you are alone, please contact us to join one group.
- Maximum: 8 participants per group (Bigger group available for private tour).
- A lunch with Vietnamese speciality.
- Bicycle available for this tour: Mountain bike , Hybrid bike
- Tour guide French or English language guide (please indicate your preference when making your reservations)
- Cycling helmet.
- We provide water.
- Minibus Transfer.
- A Guide Assistant, if more than 3 guests.
- Extra drinks.
- Adult: 59 USD
- Child 10-12 years: 29 USD