ADVENTURE TOUR (TRADITIONNEL VIETNAM)
Set out on Bicycle for a day of adventure and discovery across rural Vietnam
After the tranfert by minibus (45 mn) you will cross with local ferry the Thu Bon River to the small village near the My Son sanctuary. Your bicycle tour discovery of the authentic Vietnam you’ve always dreamed of begins here!
Together, we will travel across immense rice fields set in between the river and the mountains where the Vietnamese in their traditional conical hats, continue to cultivate rice using the same methods as their ancestors did hundreds of years ago. We will discover local handicrafts, learn the secret of making incense, weaving methods that date back to colonal times, including the weaving of linen.
A local village family will welcome us to share their tea and visit their home, a traditional wooden structure. You will have the opportunity to learn the local history and customs of the countryside, where life is far from the bustling cities and sights.
This tour, far from the usual tourist itineraries, puts you in direct contact with the Vietnamese people. You will take the time to meet these welcoming people, and share unique moments. Stops vary from tour to tour, depending on chance meetings and village activities.
This tour includes crossing the river on a local ferry, visiting the crafts workshops, crossing a floating bridge, and a bamboo bridge, and several other stops along the way.
Optional: biking and Visit My Son Temple (add 10 usd/adult)
- Meeting point at our location at 7:45am and departure at 8:00am.(see map).
- Return: You will return to our location at around 6:00pm.
- This tour is recommended for people in good physical condition.
- The trip is approximately 54 kms (34 mile), and follows a dozen of dirt paths. The distance may be seem long if you are not a cyclist, but the roads are flat and in good condition. This trip takes approximately 7 hours, so we expect to cover an average of 8 kms per hour. The planned stops along the way allow you to rest, take photos and meet the locals.
- The heat could make the tour more challenging, especially during the months of May to August (summer in central Vietnam), but this tour is relatively easy during the rest of the year. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- This tour is about 54 km (34 mile) with several stops.
- Suntan lotion.
- Hat or cap.
- Sun glasses.
- Rain Coat
- We need minimum 2 guest for run this tour. If you are alone, please contact us to join one group.
- Maximum: 8 participants par group (unless otherwise requested).
- Cycling helmet available upon request.
- A lunch with vietnamese speciality.
- Bicycle available for this tour: Mountain bike , Hybrid bike
- A French or English language guide (please indicate your preference when making your reservations)
- Minibus Transfer.
- A Guide Assistant, if more than 3 guest.
- Adult: 59 USD
- Child 10-12 years: 29 USD
- Option: Visit My Son Temple: 10 USD / Person