MAGIC VIETNAM - BICYCLE TOUR
Set out on Bicycle for a day of discovery across rural Vietnam
This circuit is special and uniquely available at certain times of the year, replacing the “Real Vietnam” circuit, which may not be accessible during the heavy flooding that can occur in Hoi An during the months of October and November.
During these months, due to the monsoons and rising water levels, bridges may be severely damaged or destroyed. so the “Real Vietnam” route, which includes several bridge crossings may not be available.
The itinerary of the “Magic Vietnam” circuit differs from the “Real Vietnam” circuit in a few ways:
- It does not cross wooden floating or bamboo bridges.
- It is slightly longer; 27 kms instead of 24kms.
The circuit consists of two parts. The afternoon program does not change, but the morning program differs slightly. It is more oriented towards biking and covers 18 kms across the countryside far from the tourist routes. The afternoon is a 9 km cultural discovery tour where we will make occasional stops to learn more about the life of the local people.
We meet at 7:45 at our office located at 61 Ngo Ouyen Street. Your guide will give you information on the tour at which time you may choose the bike the best suits you. From the office we will board the bikes at the dock onto a local boat for a “cruise” on the Thu Bon River Delta for approximately one hour.
This will be the perfect opportunity to see the activities of the locals on the river “up close” and to enjoy the unique landscapes. This crossing will bring you to a small village in the middle of the delta.
From here you will begin the biking part of the circuit. Over the 18 kms that you will bike this morning, you will travel across the countryside with typical rice fields, villages and hamlets.
You will also visit an unusual family temple, a rice mill and take several unforeseen breaks, depending on the activities we come across during your circuit. We will stop for lunch in a small village on one of the delta islands where a local family will welcome you. During your meal, you will learn, first-hand, some of the countryside traditions that remain today.
The afternoon will be filled with discoveries and surprises. Over the 9 kms that we will travel, you will cross different villages where you will learn about each of their specialties; how the sleeping mats are hand-woven, the distillation of rice alcohol, the production of the round “basket boats”, the meticulous “mother-of-pearl” crafts and much more.
At the end of the afternoon we will make a short crossing by local ferry and arrive back at our starting point in Hoi An at approximately 17H. “Magic Vietnam” is a unique tour that will take you off the beaten path to visit the sumptuous landscapes of this region of central Vietnam and meet its people up close.
- Departure everyday from October to December
- Meeting point at our location at 7:45am and departure at 8:00am.(see map).
- Return: You will return to our location at around 5:00pm.
- The roads are flat and without traffic.
- The planned stops along the way allow you to rest, take photos and meet the locals.
- This tour is about 28 km (17 miles) with several stops.
- Suntan lotion.
- Hat or cap.
- Sun glasses.
- Maximum: 8 adults par group (unless otherwise requested).
- Cycling helmet available upon request.
- Bicycle with baby’s seat available upon request.
- A traditional meal at the home of a local Vietnamese family (choice of fish, meat or vegetarian meal)
- Bike available for this tour:Mountain bike , Hybrid bike
- A French or English language guide (please indicate your preference when making your reservations).
- A Guide assitante, if more than 3 people in your group.
- 1 hour boat trip on the Song Thu river delta.
- Adult: 44 USD
- Child 10-12 years: 22 USD