HOMESTAY BICYCLE TOUR (fullmoon bicycle tour)
Stay overnight with a local family, and spend a day and a half immersed in the real Vietnam.
Departure at 1:30pm from our location - Return the following day around 5pm.
WARNING: If you can't sleep without aircon. If you need hot water for shower. If you need a confortable bed with soft mattress... This tour is NOT for you !
Experience the rhythm of the rural Vietnamese lifestyle. Experience their everyday lifestyle. Learn about local traditions and culture.
We invite you to spend a day and a half immersed in the traditional Vietnam Vietnam far from the cities and regular tourist itineraries.
You will leave at the beginning of the afternoon for cycling tour, during which time you’ll discover the everyday life of the inhabitants of the countryside. You will travel among the islands of the Thu Bon river delta. You will see the how the traditional wooden riverboats are made. You will learn the secrets of working in mother of pearl. You will cycle across magnificent countryside. You will be able to try one of the Vietnamese basket boats. You will spend the day in close contact with the Vietnamese countryside.
After having crossed the floating bridge, you will meet with the local Vietnamese family that will be your host for the evening. If you would like, you may accompany them to fish on the river and experience the sunset, or try your hand at weaving the colorful traditional soft rush sleeping mats. Or, perhaps you’d like to take a short walk to discover the area before dinner. The choice is yours.
The following day you will cross the river to a discovery of the other side where new scenery awaits you. You will cross rice fields, a bamboo bridge, lush, green fields and dry sandy areas, until your arrival in a fishing village and a long, expanse of untouched beach. A family of fishermen will prepare your noon meal with fresh, local produce and the morning’s catch.
After your meal, you can relax, try out a basket boat with the fishermen, and swim in the sea. Afterwards, you will cycle along the beach to meet the boat that will take you back to Hoi An.
- Meeting point at our location at 1:15pm and departure at 1:30pm.(see map).
- Return: You will return to our location the following day at around 5pm.
- Family tour.
- You will follow very easy, small, flat paths with no automobile circulation.
- This tour is about 29 km over two days. (9 km the first day and 20 km the second day).
- Suntan lotion.
- Hat or cap.
- A pair of socks for the evening.
- Rainwear in case of rain.
- Anti-mosquito spray.
- Sun glasses.
- We need minimum 2 guest for run this tour. If you are alone, please contact us to join one group.
- All the beds are equipped with mosquito nets.
- You can choose to sleep on traditional woven mats or request a foam mattress.
- Children 7 years and up.
- Maximum: 6 participants par group (unless otherwise requested).
- Cycling helmet available upon request.
- Children’s bicycle available, 7 years and over.
- A traditional meal at the home of a local Vietnamese family.
- A French or English language guide (please indicate your preference when making your reservations).
- A night lodged with a Vietnamese family.
- Breakfast vietnamese style.
- Lunch on the beach or with a family.
- 45mn long boat ride on the Song Thu river delta.
- Multiple visits and activities.
- Bicycle available for this tour: Mountain bike , Hybrid bike
- Adult: 89 USD (Minimum 2 guest)
- Child 7-12 ans: 45 USD